Monday 12 January 2015

"A Photo A Day" should keep the laziness away

Two days ago I decided to do something out of the ordinary. It's a new year, so it's a good time to reflect on yourself to come up with so-called new year's resolutions. I for one honestly try to keep working on whatever resolutions I come up with. I feel like it's a simple way to regain motivation for important matter, and to eventually improve one's life.

As for my personal resolutions I looked at what I've been doing wrong lately. One thing was clear: I had to eat healthier, and when I eat I should eat a bit less [I'm not fat, but... there's certainly room for improvement there]. Apart from this [highly common] resolution, I also had something else in mind. I've been slightly losing interest in photography because I barely reach for my camera anymore. My mind is busy with other things and I don't always feel like going out with my camera anyway. I'm losing my creative juices for photography since I'm barely doing it anymore, so I came up with a way of motivating myself: I'm going to try taking A Photo A Day to regain motivation and creativity. This challenge would give me reason to think about photography and composition all day long, as I try to take the 'best shot of the day'. If you ever feel like you lack motivation, set up some goals and deadlines and stick to them. This is a great way to get back in control of hobbies you consider important but lost motivation for!




This photo above is the first photo of my album called "A Photo A Day", where I post all of these photos of my personal challenge. Most photos are actually taken with my Sony Xperia Z1, to show that you really don't need a great camera for creative photography either. And obviously, the camera that you have on you is more likely to take shots representative of that day because, well... you actually have it on you! I actually came up with the idea of taking daily photos after seeing quite a few people do "365 challenges" on Flickr, not knowing what that was exactly but assuming it was about posting a photo a day as well. I was never really interested until I realized it's great to get back at photography. And so to keep creative juices flowing throughout the day while searching for that perfect shot of the day.


Note: I was afraid I'd forget taking a photo every day, but so far I've managed with Google Keep's built in reminder function. Are you following a similar idea to regain motivation? Perhaps for a different hobby? Let me know in the comments below!

Note 2: I quit. Unfortunately taking a photo every single day turned out to be too much of a nuisance, not taking photography seriously anymore and forcing myself to take simple photos rather than good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment